Monday, October 22, 2012

J Rock

Japanese Rock also known as J Rock is a hugely popular genre of music in Japan. Japanese music in general is on the rise in popularity across the world but is mainly sticking to the European and Asian continents.

Here is a music video I found of the band Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets. It is the opening theme to the anime "High School of The Dead". This live recording I felt was very well done and the song is a great representation of Japanese rock.  If you are a rock fan you will definitely enjoy the style. If not, then please watch it to learn a little bit more about Japan and their entertainment culture.

 

So we can get a more global opinion on Japanese rock music, here are some of the comments that were made on the video.

Kaleb Koehn: I think I'm going to make it my mission to make American rock bands be this loud, chaotic, and fast again, and I'll start by writing songs like this for my band.

Rei Miyamoto: I LOVE HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD SO MUCH AND JAPANESE ROCK I'M JUST SO AHHAHKAJSBFHNSNVOEPIHFSBV LOVEE YOUUUU <3333333

Zack Conner: ill do the same, i wish American rock was still as fast and loud as it was back in the day when Metallica rocked the world

BlackShadowExtreme13: japoneses <3 saudações do brasil. vocês são bons demais.

Wajin Shu: F***ing awesome!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment